Welcome to Ramada Hotel
Luxury and Comfort in a Unique CombinationThe 3 star Ramada Viking Hotel is the perfect place to hold your event or celebration. Located on the outskirts of Waterford, the oldest city in Ireland, it boasts courteous and friendly staff who are more than happy to help you with every aspect of your special day. Enjoying a perfect spot close to Waterford's beautiful narrow streets and the Waterford Crystal museum, this hotel is near enough to the city's vibrant nightlife and excellent shopping to give families plenty of entertainment options, while being situated in a quiet and secluded enough spot to enjoy a great night's sleep.
What is our Mission?
As one of the finest venues to hold your celebration, event or party, we have made it our mission to help you to prepare for surprise events for all occasions. Whether you need to organise an anniversary celebration, a birthday party or a gathering to celebrate an engagement, we are committing to bringing you all of the very best ideas that will make arranging your surprise a breeze. If you need suggestions for exciting and unique gifts, we can help you come up with something truly original, and if you need inspiration for decorations or activities, we can supply some advice of our own. When it comes to planning surprise events, we take pride in being the ultimate resource, so visit our site and find out the best way to make all of the key dates in the year special. We can help you arrange a romantic Valentine's Day to remember, an unforgettable Mother's Day celebration, or a Christmas party that they will still be talking about for years to come. We are experts at preparing for celebrations, so let us help you to make your big day or night truly memorable.
Facts About Celebrations
If you are responsible for preparing a surprise party for your loved ones, you might want to take a break and read this fun facts about celebrations.
- Some of the earliest birthday invitations ever discovered dates back to 100 AD when Claudia Severa, the wife of a Roman army commander sent an ink tablet to her friend asking her to attend her party.
- The most expensive birthday party in history to date was held by the Sultan of Brunei. He spent an amazing $27.2 million on the celebration in honour of his 50th birthday.
- Everyone knows that the 50th wedding anniversary is often known as the Golden Wedding, however not many people are aware that the custom of giving gold gifts on this date dates back to the Middle Ages when the husband would present a gold wreath to his wife on the occasion of their 50th wedding anniversary.
- Valentine's Day may be one of the most romantic days of the year, but did you know that 3% of people don't just give gifts to their partner but to their pets as well?
- Today, many people give their mothers a bouquet of flowers on Mother's Day, however this practice has a long history. In England during the 1600s, the 4th Sunday in Lent was known as Mothering Sunday and it was a time when families would attend a church service honouring the Virgin Mary before the children would present a bunch of flowers to their own mother.